Type: Full Time
Level: Professional, Experienced
Department: User Experience & Design
Please apply directly online:
(only takes about 5 minutes)
People & Talent Manager
Do you have any questions?
Klöckner & Co is one of the largest producer-independent distributors of steel and metal products and one of the leading steel service center companies worldwide. Together with its 8.700 employees and based on its distribution and service network of around 170 locations in 12 countries, the Group supplies more than 130,000 customers.
As a pioneer of the digital transformation in the steel industry, Klöckner & Co’s target is to fully digitalize its supply and service chain. In order to master this challenge, kloeckner.i was founded in 2014 as a Digital Center of Competence in Berlin.
UX & Design Team Lead (m/f/d)
At kloeckner.i we believe in challenging the status quo. We believe in thinking differently. The way we do it is by building products that are well designed, easy to use and user friendly. We build these products for the steel industry using a mixture of agile methodologies and pragmatic user centric problem solving to ensure that our parent company Klöckner & Co is the most effective player on the market.
Kloeckner.i offers you an extremely exciting mixture of a start-up and corporate atmosphere with compelling and dynamic teams right in the heart of the Berlin start-up scene. Together we digitalize the steel industry and you will actively contribute to the success of kloeckner.i!
As a Design Team Lead at Kloeckner.i you will define and execute a strong design strategy for our B2B solutions. Together with the leadership team from product, marketing, business performance and engineering your will focus on delivering meaningful digital experiences for our customers that bring value to our business.
With you team of 5+ Designers (UX, UI and Communication Designers) you will ensure that people stand at the core of Kloeckner’s digital transformation story by shaping the design culture and practices at Kloeckner.i.
About the role
- Drive and execute a user centered design strategy at Kloeckner.i and promote a design culture.
- Optimize the end-to-end design process and establish the standards for UX and Design across our product portfolio.
- Oversee the implementation of our design system.
- Steer design projects and manage design resources including budgeting and performance reporting.
- Align with Management, Product Leads and Technology Leads to identify design opportunities to drive the digital transformation at Kloeckner.
- Support the design team to deliver high quality design solutions in a fast-paced environment in coordination with product owners and product mangers.
- Bring new designers on board, mentor them and drive skill development
- Apply design thinking methods and facilitate workshops across the organization to increase design awareness.
- You are an inspiring leader who believes that Design can have a long-lasting impact on the business strategy and our customers.
- Formal education in Design, Interaction Design, Media Design or related field.
- Experience managing and growing design teams.
- Extensive experience with design practices, user centered design & design thinking.
- Strategic and creative thinker, able to manage stakeholders and competing priorities.
- At least 5+ years of experience crafting products and experiences in an agile environment.
- Experience with the most used design and prototyping tools (i.e.Figma, Sketch, InVision, Adobe CC)
- A first-class portfolio showing off your best creative work
- Excellent communication and workshop facilitation skills
- Fluent in German and English.
- Experience with design systems and data driven design is a plus.
- Vacation entitlement of 30 days per year
- Subsidy for BVG ticket
- Corporate Benefits - Fitness, Hotels, Shopping, etc.
- Support for finding a Kita place thanks to our cooperation with Fröbel and Ina.Kindergarten
- Various attractive retirement provision schemes and concessional supplementary health insurance
- Individual training possibilities
- Challenging assignments and interesting problems to solve
- A central office location in Berlin (Mitte) with convenient public transport options
- Regular company events