Type: Full Time
Level: Professional, Experienced
Department: User Experience & Design
Please apply directly online:
(only takes about 5 minutes)
People & Talent Manager
Do you have any questions?
Klöckner & Co is one of the largest producer-independent distributors of steel and metal products and one of the leading steel service center companies worldwide. Together with its 8.700 employees and based on its distribution and service network of around 170 locations in 12 countries, the Group supplies more than 130,000 customers.
As a pioneer of the digital transformation in the steel industry, Klöckner & Co’s target is to fully digitalize its supply and service chain. In order to master this challenge, kloeckner.i was founded in 2014 as a Digital Center of Competence in Berlin.
UI Designer / Visual Designer (m/f/d)
At kloeckner.i we believe in challenging the status quo. We believe in thinking differently. The way we do it is by building products that are well designed, easy to use and user friendly. We build these products for the steel industry using a mixture of agile methodologies and pragmatic user centric problem solving to ensure that our parent company Klöckner & Co is the most effective player on the market.
Kloeckner.i offers you an extremely exciting mixture of a start-up and corporate atmosphere with compelling and dynamic teams right in the heart of the Berlin start-up scene. Together we digitalize the steel industry and you will actively contribute to the success of kloeckner.i!
As a UI designer / Visual Design at Kloeckner.i you will help shape and execute a strong design strategy for our B2B solutions. Our team purpose is to ensure that people stand at the core of Kloeckner’s digital transformation story. You will work closely with Product Managers, Developers and Designers from different disciplines to deliver meaningful digital experiences for our customers and coworkers.
About the role
- Optimize the look & feel and user experience of our B2B solutions across all touchpoints and devices.
- Translate concepts into UI prototypes and intuitive UI designs that add value to the user.
- Collaborate with UX designers and participate in research activities to deeply understand the user needs.
- Collaborate closely with developers to support the hand off and review process assuring the best level of quality.
- Define a strong UI strategy and vision for our product portfolio together with the design team.
- Build up, optimize and manage our Design System to keep a consistent branding and look & feel across products.
- Improve established products and features by applying modern design and interaction principles.
- Present and defend your design decisions to internal and external stakeholders.
- You are a creative mind and want to set the design benchmarks in our industry.
- Degree in Interface Design, Interaction Design, Graphic Design, or a comparable discipline.
- At least 5 years of professional experience as a User Interface Designer working in an agile environment.
- Advanced skills in prototyping and design tools such as: Adobe Creative Suite, Figma, Sketch, Flinto, etc.
- Experience in creating and working with design system as well as mobile/web patterns and micro interactions.
- Proficiency in design principles and elements such as typography, layout and color.
- Structured work approach with the ability to meet deadlines.
- Problem solving skills and experience executing consistent designs through all stages of the process.
- Up-to-date on the latest trends and best practices.
- Ability to think strategically combined with a strong sense for good design.
- Excellent communication skills in German and English.
- Good understanding of front-end technology (HTML, CSS, JS) is a plus.
- Vacation entitlement of 30 days per year
- Subsidy for BVG ticket
- Corporate Benefits - Fitness, Hotels, Shopping, etc.
- Support for finding a Kita place thanks to our cooperation with Fröbel and Ina.Kindergarten
- Various attractive retirement provision schemes and concessional supplementary health insurance
- Individual training possibilities
- Challenging assignments and interesting problems to solve
- A central office location in Berlin (Mitte) with convenient public transport options
- Regular company events
In order to be considered for this position please send us your portfolio showcasing your best UI design work.