Type: Full Time
Level: Professional, Experienced
Department: User Experience & Design
Please apply directly online:
(only takes about 5 minutes)
Birthe Alsmoeller | HR Manager
Do you have any questions?
Klöckner & Co is one of the largest producer-independent distributors of steel and metal products and one of the leading steel service center companies worldwide. Based on its distribution and service network of around 170 locations in 12 countries, the Group supplies more than 130,000 customers. As a pioneer of the digital transformation in the steel industry, Klöckner & Co’s target is to fully digitalize its supply and service chain and to support the launch of an independent open industry platform, which shall become the dominant vertical platform of the steel and metals industry. Currently Klöckner & Co has around 8,800 employees. The Group had sales of around € 5.7 billion in fiscal 2016.
Senior UX Designer (m/f/d)
At kloeckner.i we believe in challenging the status quo. We believe in thinking differently. The way we do it is by building products that are well designed, easy to use and user friendly.
We build these products for the steel industry using a mixture of agile methodologies and pragmatic user centric problem solving to ensure that our parent company Klöckner & Co is the most effective player on the market.
As a user experience designer at Kloeckner.i you will help shape and execute a strong design strategy for our B2B solutions. Our team purpose is to ensure that people stand at the core of Kloeckner’s digital transformation story. You will work closely with Product Managers, Developers, Business Owners, Data Scientists and Designers to deliver meaningful digital experiences for our customers and coworkers.
About the role
- Represent the user perspective and identify opportunities that bring value to the business
- Lead and coordinate UX projects by understanding stakeholder needs, business constraints, product vision and technical feasibility in a fast-paced environment.
- Plan and execute qualitative and quantitative user research to validate ideas and hypothesis.
- Deliver rapid prototypes and interaction concepts based research.
- Use data to measure the impact of design (i.e. AB testing)
- Work closely with the product and development team using agile methods
- Use our design system and establish best practices in the design team.
- Apply design thinking and user centered methods and tools (personas, scenarios, customer journeys, service map, etc.) to articulate user needs and drive business decisions.
- Coach other designers and facilitate workshops across the organization to increase awareness.
- You are a creative mind and want to set the design benchmarks in our industry.
- Degree in Information Design, Interaction Design, Media Design, or a comparable discipline.
- At least 5 years of professional experience as a UX Designer working in an agile environment.
- Experience with the most used design and prototyping tools (i.e.Figma, Sketch, InVision, Adobe)
- A first-class portfolio showing off your best creative work
- Excellent communication and workshop facilitation skills
- You are structured with a strong operational readiness and a service-oriented mentality.
- Fluent in German and English.
- Experience with design systems and data driven design is a plus.
- Vacation entitlement of 30 days per year
- A start-up culture with a great team spirit, open communication and hands-on mentality
- An honest feedback culture and transparent decision-making channels
- Support for finding a Kita place thanks to a cooperation with Fröbel and Ina.Kindergarten
- Individual training possibilities
- A central office location in Berlin (Mitte) with convenient public transport options