Type: Full time
Level: Professionals, Experienced
Department : IT
Please apply online:
(only takes about 5 min)
Birthe Alsmoeller | HR Manager
Do you have any questions ?
About the Klöckner & Co Group
Klöckner & Co is one of the largest producer-independent distributors of steel and metal products and one of the leading steel service center companies worldwide. Based on its distribution and service network of around 170 locations in 12 countries, the Group supplies more than 130,000 customers. As a pioneer of the digital transformation in the steel industry, Klöckner & Co’s target is to fully digitalize its supply and service chain and to support the launch of an independent open industry platform, which shall become the dominant vertical platform of the steel and metals industry. Currently Klöckner & Co has around 8,800 employees. The Group had sales of around € 5.7 billion in fiscal 2016.
Senior Developer Full Stack (m/f/d)
At kloeckner.i we believe in challenging the status quo. We believe in thinking differently. The way we do it is by building products that are well designed, easy to use and user friendly.
We build these products for the steel industry using a mixture of agile methodologies and pragmatic user centric problem solving to ensure that our parent company Klöckner & Co is the most effective player on the market.
About the role
- We are building products for customers of Kloeckner as well as solving internal digitalization challenges
- Together with your cross-functional team colleagues you are looking into complex and challenging problems within the steel and metals industry
- We use a mix of Scrum, Kanban and common sense
- You work together with your team and ensure high quality (via code reviews and merge requests)
- You stay up to date with the latest technologies and validate their usage within our exisitng tech stack
- You identify with our tech team values of Pragmatism, Teamwork, Playfulness and Trust
Technologies and platforms we currently use
- Ruby (+ Rails), Elixir (+ Phoenix)
- Tools: Gitlab, Jira, Confluence, CI/CD
- Google Cloud, Docker, Kubernetes
- Interfaces: JSONAPI, GraphQL, RESTful APIs
- Elasticsearch, Redis, PostgreSQL, RabbitMQ
- You have working experience in developing complex platforms using Ruby/Elixir
- You are willing to learn Ruby/Elixir or already know both languages
- You have a hands-on mentality (while respecting our agile development methods), and you love sharing your knowledge and learnings with your team members
- You have a pragmatic approach. Your analytical skills help you to distinguish the essential from the non-essential, so you can focus on what truly matters for our customers
- You are willing to contribute to an enjoyable and outstanding engineering culture at kloeckner.i
- Our company language is English and you also should be able to understand and translate business requirements
- Vacation entitlement of 30 days per year
- A start-up culture with a great team spirit, open communication and hands-on mentality
- A very modern development environment, with a culture of quality and efficiency
- 20% time to work on internal projects, ideas and self improvement
- Working within a very international team of 30 engaged engineering peers
- Challenging assignments and interesting problems to solve
- An honest feedback culture and transparent decision-making channels
- Attractive and competitive compensation models
- A central office location in Berlin (Mitte) with convenient public transport options
Sound good? Send us your application online (you do not need to include a cover letter or have your picture in your CV), and we'll get back to you soon.