Type: Full Time
Level: Professional, Experienced
Please apply directly online:
(only takes about 5 minutes)
People & Talent Manager
Do you have any questions?
Klöckner & Co is one of the largest producer-independent distributors of steel and metal products and one of the leading steel service center companies worldwide. Together with its 8.700 employees and based on its distribution and service network of around 170 locations in 12 countries, the Group supplies more than 130,000 customers.
As a pioneer of the digital transformation in the steel industry, Klöckner & Co’s target is to fully digitalize its supply and service chain. In order to master this challenge, kloeckner.i was founded in 2014 as a Digital Center of Competence in Berlin.
Backend Developer (m/f/d)
At kloeckner.i we believe in challenging the status quo. We believe in thinking differently. The way we do it is by building products that are well designed, easy to use and user friendly. We build these products for the steel industry using a mixture of agile methodologies and pragmatic user centric problem solving to ensure that our parent company Klöckner & Co is the most effective player on the market.
Kloeckner.i offers you an extremely exciting mixture of a start-up and corporate atmosphere with compelling and dynamic teams right in the heart of the Berlin start-up scene. Together we digitalize the steel industry and you will actively contribute to the success of kloeckner.i!
About the role
- We are building products for external customers of Klöckner as well as internal products.
- Together with your cross-functional team colleagues you are looking into complex and challenging problems within the steel and metals industry.
- We work in an agile way to collaboratively achieve the development goals of our platform and customers.
- You collaborate with your team members and ensure high product quality (via code reviews and merge requests).
- You stay up to date with latest technologies and validate their usage within our existing tech stack.
- You identify with our values of Pragmatism, Teamwork, Playfulness and Trust.
Technologies and platforms current technologies, used at kloeckner.i:
- Elixir (+ Phoenix), Ruby (+ Rails)
- Tools: Gitlab, Jira, Confluence, Continuous Integration
- Google Cloud, Docker, Kubernetes
- Interfaces: GraphQL, JSON API, RESTful APIs
- Elasticsearch, Redis, PostgreSQL, RabbitMQ
- You have proven working experience as a backend developer (e.g. with Elixir, Erlang, Ruby, Python, Java, C#, Scala, Clojure, C++) and you are interested in working with Elixir/functional programming
- You have a hands-on mentality (while respecting our agile development methods), and you love sharing your knowledge and learnings with your team members.
- You have a pragmatic approach. Your analytical skills help you to distinguish the essential from the non-essential, so you can focus on what truly matters for our customers.
- You are willing to contribute to an enjoyable and outstanding engineering culture at kloeckner.i.
- You are able to communicate clearly and effectively in English.
- The opportunity to work on other parts of our stack like the frontend, as well as rotations with other teams such as our dedicated DevOps team
- 20% time to work on internal projects, related open source projects, ideas and self improvement
- A start-up culture with a great team spirit, open communication and hands-on mentality
- A very modern development environment, with a culture of quality and efficiency
- Working within a very international team of 30 engaged engineering peers
- Challenging assignments and interesting problems to solve
- An honest feedback culture and transparent decision-making channels
- Attractive and competitive compensation models
- Vacation entitlement of 30 days per year
- Support for finding a Kita place thanks to a cooperation with Fröbel and Ina.Kindergarten
- A central office location in Berlin (Mitte) with convenient public transport options