Type: Full Time
Level: Professional, Experienced
Please apply directly online:
(only takes about 5 minutes)
People & Talent Manager
Do you have any questions?
Klöckner & Co is one of the largest producer-independent distributors of steel and metal products and one of the leading steel service center companies worldwide. Together with its 8.700 employees and based on its distribution and service network of around 170 locations in 12 countries, the Group supplies more than 130,000 customers.
As a pioneer of the digital transformation in the steel industry, Klöckner & Co’s target is to fully digitalize its supply and service chain. In order to master this challenge, kloeckner.i was founded in 2014 as a Digital Center of Competence in Berlin.
Senior Frontend Developer (m/f/d)
At kloeckner.i we believe in challenging the status quo. We believe in thinking differently. The way we do it is by building products that are well designed, easy to use and user friendly. We build these products for the steel industry using a mixture of agile methodologies and pragmatic user centric problem solving to ensure that our parent company Klöckner & Co is the most effective player on the market.
Kloeckner.i offers you an extremely exciting mixture of a start-up and corporate atmosphere with compelling and dynamic teams right in the heart of the Berlin start-up scene. Together we digitalize the steel industry and you will actively contribute to the success of kloeckner.i!
About the role
- Focus on the development of the platform tools by kloeckner.i which include an array of Ember and Vue.js applications serving large user bases
- Planning and implementation of user flows using a component library
- Continued development and expansion of existing automated test suites
- Collaboration with the UX department to determine user flows and securing compliance with established standards
Technologies and platforms we currently use
- Frontend: Vue.js, Ember
- Backend: Elixir (+ Phoenix), Ruby (+ Rails),
- Interfaces: GraphQL, JSON API, RESTful APIs
- Tools: Gitlab, Jira, Confluence, CI/CD
- Elasticsearch, Redis, PostgreSQL, RabbitMQ
- Extensive experience in developing web applications
- Previous experience with HTML and CSS
- Experience in working with version control, especially git
- You have an agile mindset
- You are able to communicate clearly and effectively in English
- The opportunity to work on other parts of our stack like the backend
- A start-up culture with a great team spirit, open communication and hands-on mentality
- A very modern development environment, with a culture of quality and efficiency
- 20% time to work on internal projects,related open source projects, ideas and self improvement
- Working within a very international team of 30 engaged engineering peers
- Challenging assignments and interesting problems to solve
- An honest feedback culture and transparent decision-making channels
- Attractive and competitive compensation models
- Vacation entitlement of 30 days per year
- Support for finding a Kita place thanks to a cooperation with Fröbel and Ina.Kindergarten
- A central office location in Berlin (Mitte) with convenient public transport options